Friday, July 17, 2020
I wish to thank you for your patience and understanding during the COVID-19 restrictions and in particular visits to your loved ones. This week we have received new instructions for family visits and I would like to share these with you. As always our key priority is ensuring the safety of staff, visitors and the people we support. As such, we have established the following requirements:
- COVID-19 tests are no longer required to visit your loved one, however you must attest that you are not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- All visitors are required to sign in and complete a screening form.
- Only two visitors will be allowed at one time.
- Visit must be booked five days ahead of time
- You are able to visit as many times as you would like from Monday to Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Hand hygiene etiquette must be followed.
- Masks must be worn when entering the building and during the visit.
- At no time may the visitor enter the individual’s residence.
- No overnight stays are permitted.
- You may book a visit between 10 a.m.-1 p.m. or 1:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. (Monday to Saturday) through firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are visiting someone in Paris, you must come to the Reception desk at your scheduled appointment time, complete a screening document and you must sign in and out.
- Our staff will be the point of contact to arrange for your loved one to return to his or her home.
- If you are visiting a program in London, St Catharines or Kingston, please knock on the door and an employee will greet you and bring the family member to you. Do not enter the residence.
- You may visit your loved one in one of our designated spaces. If you wish to take a walk, proper social distancing of six feet/two metres from other visitors and the public must be followed.
- Each designated space will be sanitized after each visit.
- If you need to make alternate arrangements for a visit, please contact Director of Services Sue Hall, at email@example.com.
- We cannot accommodate impromptu visits due to the need to follow physical distancing.
As always thank you for your cooperation as we work together to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Chief Executive Officer